"some things did not work well today and I made a bit too

in Einsteigerforum 24.12.2019 06:14
von sakura698 | 405 Beiträge

MONTREAL - Marshall Ferguson was the backup when Kyle Quinlan led the McMaster Marauders to their only Vanier Cup title four years ago in Vancouver. Don MacLean Jersey .Now Ferguson is the starter and Quinlan is quarterbacks coach for the team that has the daunting task of trying to beat the hometown Montreal Carabins in front of an expected sellout crowd of 23,500 in Saturdays Vanier Cup at Percival Molson Stadium. The 2011 experience will stick with me forever, Ferguson said. The winning made it special, but that group of guys was unique and cared for each other more than any group Ive been around.This team, the bond we have, closely rivals what we had then.The Ontario champion Marauders and Quebec champion Carabins will play each other for the first time in a battle of two teams with smothering defences.The onus will be on the quarterbacks, Ferguson and Montreals Gabriel Cousineau, to put up points on what is forecast to be a chilly but sunny afternoon.The Marauders will be in their third Vanier Cup game in the last four years, having lost in 2012. Montreal, coached by former Edmonton Eskimos coach and general manager Danny Maciocia, has reached the Canadian university football final for the first time.McMaster has not skipped a beat since Ferguson took over last season. The fifth-year social sciences student completed 163 passes for 2,058 yards and 15 touchdowns this season as the Marauders went 10-1.They were impressive numbers for most quarterbacks, but Ferguson was disappointed in his 63.2 completion percentage.I know when Ive played well and its somewhere around 70 to 75 per cent completion percentage, and throwing for 300-ish yards, he said. I have these standards in my mind because you know what your defence and your offensive line and your running backs need out of you to get a victory.Now he has one game left in his university career and wants to make it count. That means staying out of the clutches of Montreals defensive aces — linebacker Byron Archambault and defensive back Anthony Coady. Its nice to have the finality of knowing that, regardless of what we do Saturday, its the end, he said. You never want to say thats your goal because you never want to lose your last game.We have zero interest in doing that. But its just the idea that I know when it ends. There are a lot of guys, fantastic football players, who are at home now setting their PVRs for the Vanier Cup. Its very special, and were excited to play here.Cousineau, a fourth-year business student, has not yet decided if he will return for one last season.The Montreal native was part of a history-making Carabins team this season, which won its conference for the first time, ending the powerhouse Laval Rouge et Ors 11-year run. The Carabins also stopped the Rouge et Ors home winning streak at 70 games dating to 2004.After dropping a 40-13 road decision to Laval in the opening game, the Carabins beat them at home in the regular-season finale and then topped the two-time defending Vanier Cup champs again 12-9 in overtime in Quebec City in the conference final.The Carabins survived another close one last week with a 29-26 win over the Manitoba Bisons in the Uteck Bowl. Cousineau passed for 421 yards, breaking the teams one-game record set by Alexandre Piuze, who is now his quarterbacks coach.He taught me so much, Cousineau said. It helped me evolve.Maciocia said Cousineau learned mental toughness at the junior college level. His old team at Montmorency College won only four games in three seasons.Gabriels come a long way, said Maciocia. We knew he was athletically gifted. We knew he had a strong arm and could use his feet.But we also knew we had to spend a lot of time with him. We had to slow down the game for him. This year, hes committed himself through the off-season, spending a lot of time with the coaches and getting to understand what were doing schematically.Now hes playing the position in slow motion. Hes seeing things he couldnt see a couple of years ago.He certainly has an arm, as he showed in the second play from scrimmage against Manitoba when he hit favourite target Mikhail Davidson with an 89-yard TD pass.But he also had three passes picked off by the Bisons. On Saturday hell be up against McMaster back Joey Cupido, who has 14 picks in 15 career playoff games.The Marauders have seven interceptions in three playoff games this year, including three by safety Allan Dicks.Theyre a very good, well-coached team, added Maciocia. We realize were going to have our hands full, but we didnt think wed get to the Vanier Cup and have a pushover. Gus Johnson Jersey .ca presents a week long look at some of the teams and stories that will shape the up coming campaign. Larry Hughes Jersey . - The Kansas City Royals are hoping All-Star catcher Salvador Perez will be back in a few days. https://www.cheapwizardsonline.com/1029k-mike-riordan-jersey-wizards.html .C. -- Panthers offensive tackle Jordan Gross is saying goodbye to the NFL after 11 seasons.ZAGREB, Croatia -- Defending champion Marin Cilic of Croatia was first through to the Zagreb Indoors quarterfinals by beating Dusan Lajovic of Serbia 6-4, 7-5 on Wednesday. Fifth-seeded Cilic converted only three out of 10 break points, two of them Lajovic double-faults. Cilic improved to a 16-1 record in his last five attempts here, winning titles in 2009, 2010 and 2013. "I served very well," Cilic said, adding "some things did not work well today and I made a bit too many unforced errors." Eight-seeded Dutchman Igor Sijsling came back from 3-1 down in the third set to defeat Blaz Kavcic from Slovenia 6-7 (4), 6-3, 6-4 and reach the second rouund. Gene Shue Jersey. Dudi Sela of Israel ousted sixth-seeded Lukas Rosol of the Czech Republic 6-3, 7-6 (2) in the first round. Sela led by a set and 5-3 before Rosol broke back and forced a tiebreaker. But Sela moved into an early lead again and closed out the match. Lucky loser Daniel Evans of Britain, who made the draw after the late withdrawal of Radek Stepanek with a heel strain, defeated another Czech, Jan Hajek, 6-3, 6-1. Russian qualifier Andrey Kuznetsov beat 2008 champion Sergiy Stakhovsky of Ukraine 6-4, 7-6 (8) for his first tour win since July, while Andrey Golubev of Kazakhstan defeated Victor Hanescu from Romania, 7-6 (6), 4-6, 7-6 (5). ' ' '

nach oben springen

1&1 DSL

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Agreed Faste
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1736 Themen und 4169 Beiträge.