e had to redshirt a season and was two years older than

in Einsteigerforum 23.12.2019 04:39
von sakura698 | 405 Beiträge

GREEN BAY, Wis. Fake Air Max 270 Black . -- Get a flow chart ready to follow the Packers quarterback situation. The old backup is now the backup again. Hes taking the place of the guy who was the backup, who played for a series before he was injured and gave way to the former third-stringer. All this after Aaron Rodgers got hurt. Amid that instability, is a picture of calm, at least at his locker Wednesday. Former practice squad player Scott Tolzien is keeping things simple as he prepares to make his first career NFL start, Sunday at the New York Giants. "Its the same game that you played in high school, in youth football ... Youre trying to move the football, take care of the football, and finish with drives with a score or kick," Tolzien said. "So you try to minimize (the) impact that the game has, and just treat it as the same game as you were a kid." Coach Mike McCarthy has said Rodgers might be a couple weeks away from returning from a fractured left collarbone. Seneca Wallace is on injured reserve after hurting his groin last week against the Eagles, giving Tolzien to impress coach Mike McCarthy. Now, Matt Flynns back this week to back up Tolzien. And yeah, thats a little weird to Flynn that Rodgers isnt calling the shots. "Yeah, I dont think anyone will ever get used to that," Flynn said. "Hes just been a solid, consistent guy. I think its weird for everybody, probably, to prepare, get through a game and prepare without him." Just another in the seemingly endless list of challenges encountered by coach Mike McCarthy in an injury-filled season. And stop saying that word that begins with "I," please! "Were not going to need (Flynn), OK? Ive had enough of this bad karma about quarterbacks getting injured," McCarthy said. "So Scotts going to play the whole game" Sunday. Tolzien earned the shot after playing relatively well in relief of Wallace considering he had only a handful of snaps the previous week, throwing for 280 yards with a touchdown and two interceptions in the 27-13 loss to the Eagles. McCarthy and Rodgers have been impressed with Tolziens work ethic. He was signed before the start of the season after being released by the 49ers, and Tolzien recounted how he used to sleep on the coach at the team facility after putting in long hours getting ready. Hes not doing that in Green Bay, but hes apparently just as hard-working and detailed. "He eats well because hes here all the time, so Im not worried about him," McCarthy said. "The man loves it, and youve got to appreciate his work ethic. Its refreshing, and its good for everybody, and hes going about it the right way." Maybe its because of his blue-collar Midwestern sensibility. Tolzien is from Illinois, and he played college ball at Wisconsin. This is big news in the Badger Country. There are more demands on his time as the starting quarterback. But hes keeping things in perspective. "I think my job right now is to put the blinders on, have some tunnel vision and focus on the task at hand," Tolzien said. Thats getting the offence ready for the Giants and ending the Packers two-game skid. Now he can draw on Flynn for advice, too. Flynn owns a share of the franchise single-game passing record of 480, set the last time he played in Green Bay, on Jan. 1, 2012, against the Lions. He signed with the Seahawks as a free agent the following off-season but lost his job to Russell Wilson (another former Wisconsin quarterback). Seattle traded Flynn to the Oakland in the off-season. He was cut by the Raiders in October then signed by the Bills before being released by Buffalo last week -- on the same day that Rodgers got hurt. Both McCarthy and Flynn have said the quarterbacks arm is fine. Flynn said that while things have changed with the running game since he was last in Green Bay, hes right at home with the passing playbook. "I feel confident that Ill be back fluent in this offence real soon," he said. Notes: Center Evan Dietrich-Smith (knee) was a limited participant in practice Wednesday. McCarthy said RT Don Barclay (knee) was getting better, and was waiting to get fitted with a brace to return to practice. ... LB Clay Matthews practiced without the "club" over his right hand, but still sported protection on his injured thumb. Cheap Air Max 90 Free Shipping . Head of clinic Josef Obrist tells the Austria Press Agency on Thursday that Morgenstern "is doing surprisingly well. ... He still has a memory gap but thats nothing unusual." Morgenstern has moved to a rehabilitation clinic in Klagenfurt for further recovery. Cheap Air Max 720 . The All Blacks played their best rugby of recent years when they beat South Africa 38-27 in Johannesburg two weeks ago, clinching the Rugby Championships in a match which has been hailed as one of the best ever played. http://www.wholesalenikeshoesclearance.com/cheap-max-97-shoes/fake-air-max-97-plus.html . -- Michael Frazier II scored 21 points, Dorian Finney-Smith added 11 and No.LAWRENCE, Kan. -- Andrew Wiggins is finding it hard to be everybodys Super Bowl. That was the way that Kansas coach Bill Self described the up-and-down season of his talented freshman forward. One day, Wiggins will be pouring in 26 points against Florida, the next day he will be struggling to get his shot off against UTEP. Its already been a season of growing pains for the No. 1 recruit in last years class, and while the eighth-ranked Jayhawks are starting to soar, Wiggins is still searching for his stride. "Hes so naive in so many ways," Self said. "I dont think he thinks about the fact hes everybodys Super Bowl when they have a chance to play against him. "Weve told him," Self said, "but I dont think hes felt that yet." After easily knocking off No. 24 Baylor on Monday night, Kansas (14-4, 5-0) has roared to five straight wins and first place in the Big 12. The last four of them have come against Top 25 teams, making the Jayhawks the first to accomplish that feat since North Carolina in 1997. Wiggins has been a big part of that success, of course. He scored 22 points against Kansas State, and poured in 17 against Iowa State and Baylor. But he also was held to nine points on 2-of-9 shooting against Oklahoma, and a season-low three points against Oklahoma State. Taken together, those are solid numbers for just about any freshman in America. Wiggins isnt just any other freshman. Ever since successfully dueling with Duke star Jabari Parker at a summer tournament, Wiggins has been anointed the next big thing. NBA scouts have flocked to Allen Fieldhouse to see him -- there were 28 in attendance last Saturday, when the Jayhawks knocked off the Cowboys. And hes done enough to prove that he could have a big future in the professional ranks. But hes also left many of those scouts, his coaches and just about every fan who has filed into the Phog hungry for more. "I think hes done well," Self said. "I also think theres another step he can take. He leaves me wanting more, so when people say certain things, I cant be upset. I want more, too." Self has tried to treat Wiggins like anybody else, in part to temper some of the otherr-worldly expectations. Kobe Shoes China Wholesale. The prized forward has only done two one-on-one interviews with the media -- one of them with The Associated Press in December -- since the start of the season, and unless he has a big performance, Wiggins generally isnt made available to reporters following games. "Its a no-win, everything lose situation," Self said. "Theres no way to live up to the hype." When he does have a chance to speak, Wiggins has acknowledged that he didnt expect college basketball to be so hard. Players are bigger and stronger, faster and more athletic. There are no nights off, especially with Kansas playing the nations toughest schedule. "Yeah, I think so," Wiggins said, when asked whether hes starting to figure things out. "Im trying to be more aggressive right now, driving to the basket, getting good shots." Self said that some of the criticism levelled at Wiggins is unfair. After all, his stats -- 15.2 points, 6.1 rebounds per game -- are similar to those of Ben McLemore, who was the seventh overall pick in the draft after his only season playing in Lawrence. Then theres this difference: Wiggins will turn 19 next month, while McLemore had to redshirt a season and was two years older than Wiggins during his own freshman season. "Its just a different world," Self said. "These kids are entering school with the hype and in a lot of ways hes handled it beautifully in how hes deflected it, but in some ways he hasnt understood or we havent done a good job of explaining to him, because of the society and the media hype, if you dont produce, youre going to be the most talked-about person." Self would be fine if Wiggins is the most talked-about person at Kansas, of course, provided its for his accomplishments rather than his shortcoming. "So many times people get hung up on overall stats and things like that," Self said. "Hes just young, and with all the hype coming in, anything he did was going to be less than what the hype said he should do. And the bottom line is he figured it out, and hes playing his natural position, and hes learning to impact the game more and more." ' ' '

nach oben springen

1&1 DSL

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Agreed Faste
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1736 Themen und 4169 Beiträge.