make too many errors and hit a high percentage of first

in Einsteigerforum 11.01.2020 04:23
von sakura698 | 405 Beiträge

CLEVELAND -- Terry Francona heard the boos from the home crowd, and the Cleveland Indians manager didnt mind one bit. Gary Barbaro Jersey . Francona pulled Corey Kluber two outs short of a complete game in Clevelands 4-1 win over Kansas City on Sunday. The crowd of 16,991 wanted to see Kluber, who allowed four hits and struck out 10 in 8 1-3 innings, finish the game, and the fans let Francona know they didnt agree with his decision. "I dont blame them," Francona said. "If I was managing with my heart, Id have left him in there, too." Kluber (8-6) took a three-hitter into the ninth before Eric Hosmer started the inning with a double. The right-hander, who gave up a solo homer to Mike Moustakas in the fifth, was removed after striking out Salvador Perez. Kluber also heard the boos and used the opportunity to take a good-natured jab at his manager. "Kip (second baseman Jason Kipnis) was giving him a hard time, too," he said. "It was pretty funny, I guess." Cody Allen recorded the final two outs for his ninth save, and Carlos Santana and Yan Gomes homered in a three-run second inning. Kluber, who walked one, retired the first seven hitters before Jarrod Dysons infield single with one out in the third. Lorenzo Cain also had an infield hit in the sixth. Kluber has been Clevelands ace all season. He has four double-figure strikeout games. "It sure is nice, man, to write his name in there," Francona said. "He has weapons, he has poise, and he competes." Francona said. Kluber is working to stay on an even keel throughout the season. "Im trying to be as consistent as I can from start to start," Kluber said. "I try to avoid the downs as much as possible and keep the good stuff rolling." Kluber rarely shows any emotion on the mound, but Francona thinks appearances can be misleading. "Hes very locked in," Francona said. "Maybe his demeanour belies the real fire thats in there. He gets after it." Even Moustakas, who walked in the seventh and is 7 for 18 against Kluber, was impressed. "Everything he was throwing was nasty," he said. A lack of run support has kept Kluber from having a better record. He allowed three runs over 20 2-3 innings in his last three starts, but lost twice. Kluber held the Dodgers to one run in 6 2-3 innings on Monday, but was the losing pitcher in a 1-0 defeat. Both of Clevelands home runs came off Danny Duffy (5-8). Santana led off the inning with a line drive that barely cleared the fence in right. Gomes followed with a two-run homer to centre. Michael Brantley, who went 2 for 4 to raise his average to .321, had an RBI single in the fifth. Santanas homer came on a 1-1 pitch and was his 13th of the season, tying him with Brantley for the team lead. Ryan Raburn followed with a single, and Gomes hit his 10th home run on a 1-0 pitch. Cleveland has won four of five and moved within two games of second-place Kansas City in the AL Central. The Royals, who trail first-place Detroit by 4 1-2 games, dropped their first road series since losing two of three against the Los Angeles Angels from May 23-25. Duffy allowed 10 hits and struck out six in six innings. The left-hander had a 1.69 ERA in six June starts and was 3-1 with a 1.05 ERA in his last four road starts. The Indians placed leadoff hitter and centre fielder Michael Bourn on the disabled list with a strained left hamstring. Bourn has been battling the injury all season and hurt it again running the bases on Saturday. Left fielder Alex Gordon and designated hitter Billy Butler, who are both in lengthy slumps, were out of Sundays lineup. Gordon is mired in a 3 for 40 skid, and Butler has just three hits in 26 at-bats. NOTES: The Royals signed LHP Scott Downs, who was released by the White Sox on Thursday. He pitched a scoreless seventh inning. RHP Casey Coleman was optioned to Triple-A Omaha. ... The Indians called up OF Tyler Holt from Triple-A Columbus to take Bourns roster spot. Holtz made his major league debut as a defensive replacement in the ninth and caught Danny Valencias fly ball to end the game. ... Royals OF Nori Aoki (strained left groin) will begin a rehab assignment with Double-A Northwest Arkansas this week. ... RHP Justin Masterson (4-5), who lasted three innings in his last start, will open Clevelands four-game series against the Yankees on Monday. ... The Royals continue their nine-game road trip Monday at Tampa Bay with RHP James Shields (8-4) facing his former team. Khalen Saunders Jersey . Hernandez (3-0) struck out 11 and shut down Oakland for the second time in a week, becoming the first Mariners pitcher to win three times in the first nine games of a season. With the usual "Kings Court" for Hernandez home starts expanded to a "Supreme Court" encompassing the entire stadium with yellow shirts and "K" cards, Hernandez gave up four hits in the 28th double-digit strikeout game of his career. Anthony Hitchens Jersey . Before that, Rousey needed a total 23 minutes and 26 seconds to take care of her last eight opponents - and one of those fights lasted 10 minutes and 58 seconds. http://www.customchiefsjersey.com/custom-ed-podolak-jersey-large-506n.html . Long snapper Patrick Mannelly announced Friday that he is retiring after a 16-year-career with the Bears, a span in which he played in a team record 245 games and snapped the ball 2,282 times.MASON, Ohio -- Milos Raonic advanced to the third round of the Western & Southern Open on the same day fellow Canadians Vasek Pospisil and Eugenie Bouchard were knocked out. The 12th-seeded Raonic beat Janko Tipsarevic in straight sets, 6-4, 7-6 (4) on Wednesday. Its his third win in as many tries over Tipsarevic, and comes a day after he struggled somewhat in a three-set first-round match over American Jack Sock. "I played better than yesterday," Raonic said. "I was better from the baseline and created more opportunities for myself. It was a pretty clean match." Raonic will face American John Isner next. Isner won their only other match in the Toronto quarter-finals a year ago. "Isner will be tough, it will come down to a few points," Raonic said. "I have to serve well and keep the pressure on him in that sense. If I create opportunities I have to make the most of them and play as disciplined as possible." Raonic, a native of Thornhill, Ont., became the first Canadian man to be ranked in the top 10 in the world after reaching the final of the Rogers Cup in Montreal. He lost to Rafael Nadal after beating Pospisil in the semifinals. Pospisil, who rose to 40th in the world rankings after reaching the Rogers Cup semifinals, was upset Wednesday 7-5, 1-6, 7-6 (6) by Belgian qualifier David Goffin, whos ranked 80th. Pospisils prediction that he would have a tough time with Goffin proved to be correct, despite 13 aces and the Belgians nine double faults. He failed to convert on four match points. "It was a tough match with a lot of ups and downs," said Pospisil. "I didnt start great but I played better in the second set. Serving for the match and then in the tiebreak I played some shots too passively." Pospisil fell on a late break in the opening set but roared back to sweep the second. The third set was tight, with Pospisil grabbing a 6-5 lead on a break and moving into position to serve out victory. But the outcome was never secure as Goffin saved a match point in the next game and then forced Pospisil to salvage a break point before finally dropping to 6-6 on a forehand that went long. In the tiebreaker, Pospisil had three more match points and failed to convert on all of them. Goffin seized his opportunity with his first match point, converting it to send Pospisil out after nearly 2 1/2 hours. "He hit his best shot of the match on the last match point, too good," Pospisil said. "There are a lot of things I would have changed. But now I need to get some rest before the U.S. Open." Pospisil said he was feeling "a bit burnt oout" and needs to sharpen some things in practice. Damien Williams Jersey. "Im a little emotionally drained," he said. "Maybe its good to rest before the Open." Bouchard will get some rest after putting a scare into world No. 1 Serena Williams. Bouchard won the first set before Williams asserted herself in a 4-6, 6-2, 6-2 victory. Wimbledon champion Marion Bartoli was knocked out of the tournament with her loss to Simona Halep in three excruciating sets that left Bartolis Achilles, shoulder, hips and back aching. After the match, the 28-year-old announced her retirement from tennis. "Its been a tough decision to take," said Bartoli, who won her first Grand Slam title less than two months ago. "I dont take this easily. I mean, Ive been a tennis player for a long time and I had a chance to make my biggest dream a reality. I felt I really, really pushed through the ultimate limits to make it happen. "But now I just cant do it anymore." Back on the mens side, the fourth-seeded Nadal defeated German qualifier Benjamin Becker 6-2, 6-2. Nadal has now won 11 straight on hard courts. "I should be very happy with the way that I played since the beginning," Nadal said. "Just for a few games, the serve was down a little bit. For the rest, I think I played a great match." Wimbledon champion Andy Murray had an easy time in his opening match at the tournament, which he has won twice. The second-seeded Murray needed only 69 minutes to beat Mikhail Youzhny 6-2, 6-3. Murray, who is also the defending U.S. Open champion, was coming off a third-round loss last week in Montreal, his first action since becoming the first British male to win Wimbledon since Fred Perry in 1936. Hes using the tournament in Cincinnati to get ready to defend his Open title. "He made more mistakes than I expected," Murray said. "I just want to play as many matches as I can. Its important to get a few matches in before New York. I didnt make too many errors and hit a high percentage of first serves." His volleys were erratic, something hell work on the rest of the week. "I just missed a couple," he said. "Hopefully, Ill get that going as the week goes on." Murray will play 36th-ranked Julien Benneteau in the third round. Top seed Novak Djokovic defeated Juan Monaco of Argentina, 7-5, 6-2 while Juan Martin del Potro took down Nikolay Davydenko 7-5, 7-5. Eleventh-seeded German Tommy Haas also advanced, beating No. 46 Spaniard Marcel Granollers, 6-4, 6-1. He earned a matchup with fifth-seeded and five-time tournament champion Roger Federer. ' ' '

nach oben springen

1&1 DSL

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Agreed Faste
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1736 Themen und 4169 Beiträge.