versely, I just saw a collapse by the Raptors th

in Einsteigerforum 07.01.2020 04:25
von sakura698 | 405 Beiträge

BOSTON – Its only May. Sleepy Floyd Jersey . May means its still early in the big league baseball season. Teams still have more than 100 games to play. Nothing will be sorted out in the next few weeks, let alone the next couple of days. Still, there are benchmark series and often times those come when a club squares off against a divisional rival. In this case, its the Blue Jays trying to emerge from the drudgery and disappointment of 2013 taking on last years surprising world champions, the Boston Red Sox, in their old, fabled barn called Fenway Park. Toronto opened the three-game series with a 7-4 victory, a win built on slugging offence and just enough pitching to keep a big early lead from evaporating. Closer Casey Janssen picked up his fourth save but not without bringing up David Ortiz as the tying run with two on and nobody out in the ninth inning. Not without Ortiz smacking a 2-1 pitch to Providence, Rhode Island, which landed foul and gave Janssen another life and a 2-2 count. He struck out Ortiz on the next pitch. "They won the World Series last year and if we want to be for real weve got to beat these teams," said Janssen. "Were not scared of them or anything like that. We respect them but we want to beat them. The distance we can separate ourselves from them and any other team in our division is important for us, May or September or whenever it is." The Blue Jays won for the 10th time in 15 games. Boston lost its fourth in a row and sixth in its last seven. The win improved Toronto to 24-22. The loss dropped the Red Sox to 20-24. Starter J.A. Happ eked out five innings for the win. It was a Jekyll and Hyde performance, with Happ dominant through the first three innings on the strength of six strikeouts. He started to show signs of coming apart in the fourth, walking two and allowing an infield single to load the bases with one out. Only a Brett Lawrie diving snag of a Xander Bogaerts line drive and the doubling off of Mike Napoli at third saved Happ serious trouble and preserved what was, at the time, a 3-0 Blue Jays lead. Happ was gone two hitters into the sixth after allowing two runs on three doubles in the fifth and a two-run home run to Jonny Gomes an inning later. "I think you look around and you guys get the idea that its pretty casual in here," said J.A. Happ. "But when its time to play I think everybody gets themselves ready and were ready to play. Were ready to play and so I think its always good to try to jump out and get that first one in the series and well see what we can do the rest of the games here." Manager John Gibbons navigated his way through his bullpen, using five relievers to get the final 12 outs. With Drew Hutchison and Mark Buehrle scheduled to pitch on Wednesday and Thursday, respectively, taking the first game gives Toronto a strong shot to win the series. "I dont know if its bigger than any … but you need to play good," said Gibbons. "Anytime youre playing your division youve got to play good but weve been playing pretty good baseball recently. I mean, were not even June yet but you want to keep moving forward, not go backwards. So whatever that means." Toronto had 10 hits on the night, eight of which went for extra bases and four of those were home runs. Edwin Encarnacion had his third multi-home run game of the year and has 10 on the season. Erik Kratz and Melky Cabrera also went deep. Cabreras home run, off of Pesky Pole in right field, was one of his four hits on the night, bringing his major league-leading total to 62. Saturdays start Its down to Todd Redmond and Liam Hendriks for Saturdays start against Oakland, which is the first time the Blue Jays will require a fifth starter since Dustin McGowan was removed from the rotation. Manager John Gibbons expects to make a formal announcement as early as Wednesday. Marcus Stroman factors into this equation, eventually. "Were going to build him back up," said Gibbons. "Well see, couple turns, how were doing." Stroman took the loss in Buffalos 3-2 defeat at the hands of Lehigh Valley on Tuesday night. He pitched five innings, the runs were earned, and he threw 64 pitches. Hell need to get back toward the 85-90 pitch range before being considered for the job. Hendriks, 25, is 5-0 with a 1.48 ERA for the Bisons this season. Hes a strike thrower but that didnt translate into success over parts of three big league seasons with the Twins. In 30 career appearances, 28 starts, Hendriks is 2-13 with a 6.06 ERA and 5.31 FIP. Hes allowed 202 hits in 156 innings pitched. Rasmus has MRI Colby Rasmus underwent a precautionary MRI on his ailing right hamstring. Manager John Gibbons confirmed after Tuesdays game Rasmus has a mild strain, adding Rasmus is "progressing" with his rehabilitation. Rasmus, third on the club with nine home runs, isnt eligible to return from the disabled list until May 28. Rasmussen gets the call Left-handed reliever Rob Rasmussen was recalled on Tuesday afternoon, taking the roster spot of Marcus Stroman, who was optioned to Triple-A Buffalo after Sundays loss in Texas. Before the game, he offered his thoughts on making his major league debut at Fenway Park against Red Sox legend David Ortiz, a distinct possibility in a lefty-lefty matchup. "It would be an absolute dream to be able to come out in your first outing and face such an unbelievably renowned hitter such as David Ortiz," said Rasmussen. "Obviously its something you start to think about but once the game starts its back to playing the game like you always have." Then, it happened. Rasmussen was called on with one out and nobody on in the Boston seventh. Toronto led 7-4 at the time. "I was fortunate enough that I got the call down, knew I was going to face just Ortiz and so I was kind of able to prepare properly for him," said Rasmussen. "You know, work on what I was going to try to throw him through the at-bat. Once you run in, its just back to playing baseball." The Blue Jays are the third organization for the 25-year-old native of Pasadena, California. He was acquired in the offseason from the Phillies, along with catcher Erik Kratz, for reliever Brad Lincoln. A four-pitch reliever featuring a fastball, curveball, slider and changeup, Rasmussen uses his entire repertoire in the bullpen and feels it allows him to match up well against both right-handers and left-handers. "My curveball tends to be more 12-6, so its not necessarily just a left-handed pitch," said Rasmussen. "Couple that with my changeup and I feel I can handle both righties and lefties." In 13 appearances and 17 innings with the Bisons, Rasmussen has a 2.65 ERA and a 1.294 WHIP. Ballplayers can never be sure when the opportunity will come. Rasmussens may be because both Chad Jenkins and Neil Wagner are still within the 10-day window of their most recent options to the minor leagues. Regardless, hes here and he plans to make the most of it. "Obviously excitement, obviously theres a little bit of nerves," said Rasmussen. "Not as much from a baseball standpoint, just getting used to the life, checking into the hotel, what to do in the hotel, what to wear, all that stuff. Mostly excitement. Its been hard to kind of put my feelings into words, other than excitement and joy." Red Sox re-sign Stephen Drew Shortstop Stephen Drew is back in the Boston fold, agreeing to a one-year, $10-million contract with the Red Sox on Tuesday. The signing comes a day after Boston placed third baseman Will Middlebrooks on the disabled list with a fractured finger. Drew, 31, declined a $14-million qualifying offer from the Red Sox and elected free agency. He didnt find work in the offseason. Word is that Drew will be added to the active roster on Wednesday but because he hasnt faced live pitching since last October, its expected hell need at least a week to get into game shape. With Drew back at shortstop, Xander Bogaerts is expected to shift to third base. Wholesale Rockets Jerseys . The Detroit Tigers closer blew a three-run lead in the ninth inning Wednesday night against the Dodgers. Mike Newlin Jersey .She struggled with a hacking cough, she was sick, and she twice celebrated too early, but she held her composure in a 6-3, 7-6 (5) victory on Saturday.On her third match point, she let her racket go before hearing a let call to what she thought was an ace. https://www.cheaprocketsonline.com/1347z-isaiah-hartenstein-jersey-rockets.html . The Arena das Dunas in the northeastern city of Natal sustained minor damage during the protests, but demonstrators stayed away on Sunday and officials said the stadium passed its first test, with only minor adjustments needed going forward.SIX QUICK HOOPS THOUGHTS 1. J.R. SMITH (Knicks): I look at the mess in NY and the loss of Tyson Chandlers Defense and Rebounding is huge, this man is not performing anywhere near the level he did as the NBA 6th Man of the Year. Look at his numbers (11.7ppg / 33 FG + 29 3 PT PCT) this season. Not good at all. This is a team with multiple problems, but after the Knicks gave him the contract extension he doesnt look like hes very locked in. You cant count on guys like this 2. TIM DUNCAN (Spurs): How about one for the old guys! He put up 23 points and 21 rebounds on Monday vs. Atlanta, oldest guy to do the 20/20+. He stays in terrific shape and another example of that fact was this game. He epitomizes the savvy veteran who knows how to play to his strengths each night and conserve energy for the defining plays. As long as he stays upright, San Antonio will be in the hunt. He has gotten off to a bit of a slow start but is rounding into shape as the season goes along. 3. TREY BURKE (Jazz): Theyve been waiting patiently for their first round pick out of Michigan to come back from injury. He has arrived—21 points and six assists vs. Houston. Utah has had poor production at that spot this season and Burke will get every opportunity to prove that hes going to be the lead guard in Salt Lake City. There are so many terrific point guards in the league right now; you must have a guy you can trust to run your team. Hes a talented scorer/shooter, now he has to prove that he can run a pro team. 4. RYAN ANDERSON (Pelicans): Tough break losing Anthony Davis to a hand Injury but coach Monty Williams has to love having Anderson back. One of the best shooting step out 4s in the League, loved him in New Jersey and OOrlando. Custom Houston Rockets Jerseys. Hell compete on the boards for you as well and do it within the flow of the offense quite efficiently. Huge to have that floor spacer to set up the spacing and driving lanes for your guards. He does that at a high level, good to see him back. 5. LAWRENCE FRANK (Nets): The former Head Coach of the Pistons and Nets is now out as Jason Kidds top lieutenant. Strange news hearing of his reassignment. I had a nice chat with him last Tuesday night in Toronto and I thought he was a great addition for Kidd. They had a close relationship and now it seems to have come apart under the expectations and pressure of the spotlight. Coaching is a tough business and the most important factor is having everyone on the same page. Obviously, there were differences on philosophy. Rarely do you see a move like this though in season, its very odd. Frank is a good coach, Im sure hell be back on the sidelines down the line. Coaching is a wacky profession. Things in Brooklyn are at the point of dysfunction. 6. WARRIORS FANS: Ive just witnessed an amazing comeback here at Golden State by the Warriors-theyre a very good team. Conversely, I just saw a collapse by the Raptors that has me speechless. This is the absolute lowest point of this season for Dwane Caseys squad. Forget the Basketball and X + Os for a moment, these fans here are awesome, magnificent, terrific and whatever superlative you want to throw out there. For those of you who watched the game you know what I mean. On an early December Tuesday night when many arenas are a morgue this was magical. They stayed behind their team and this is what folks who claim to be basketball fans will agree with me wholeheartedly about. A supportive and passionate crowd does pump a team up and make a HUGE difference. It happened this evening. Wow! ' ' '

nach oben springen

1&1 DSL

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Agreed Faste
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1736 Themen und 4169 Beiträge.