e with meniscus trouble in his left knee, b

in Einsteigerforum 03.01.2020 04:49
von sakura698 | 405 Beiträge

FLORHAM PARK, N. Ted Kwalick Jersey .J. -- Geno Smith replayed the mistakes in his head, pondering what he could have done different. There were forced throws and poor decisions in a frustrating fourth quarter that led to the New York Jets 13-10 loss to the New England Patriots last Thursday night. "A tough loss like that," the rookie quarterback said Monday, "it took me about a day." And, he forced himself to sit through each agonizing moment on film. "I watched tape, sometimes in bitterness," he said. "(Im) kind of mad at myself for some of the plays that I know I can easily make, some of the decisions that I made that ultimately cost us the game. A learning experience. "You move on from it and get better next week." Smith was intercepted three times in the final 15 minutes, but there were also several dropped passes -- at least six of them -- throughout the game. "We played a clean game for about 3 1/2 quarters," he said. "Last 12 plays of the game, in my opinion, were fairly sloppy. I think I tried to force things." With the Jets in position to try for a tying field goal in the fourth quarter, Smith tried to force a pass -- thrown across his body -- to Santonio Holmes on third down and was intercepted by Aqib Talib. A throw later in the quarter intended for Clyde Gates was picked off by Alfonzo Dennard. Then came the worst mistake of all: a wayward toss to Stephen Hill that Talib easily stepped in front of. "In those tight spaces, with the game on the line, youve got to be 100 per cent precise and I dont think I was on those throws," Smith said. "Im still confident and prepared for this upcoming week." Next up is a showdown at home against fellow rookie EJ Manuel and the Buffalo Bills (1-1), who pulled out a 24-23 last-second victory over Carolina on Sunday. Coach Rex Ryan has not committed to Smith as the starter beyond this week, sticking to the teams company line that theyre not looking past the task at hand. "I think you get in trouble when you put dates and all that kind of stuff on things, instead of just focus on the one week," Ryan said. "I think if you look down the road, you dont take care of your business. And so with us, everything we do is focused on Buffalo, and thats where it should be." So, despite Mark Sanchez being out eight weeks while on short-term injured reserve with a shoulder injury, Smith has been given no guarantee that hell be the teams starter during that time. He insists, however, that hes not worried about any of that. "In this situation, youve got to play the cards that youre dealt," Smith said. "In my own personal time here, I think Ive been treated fairly well and I think Ive been given a great chance, a great opportunity. "Ive got an opportunity this week once again to prove myself and thats what (Ill) go out there and try to do." Smiths 55.2 passer rating is 32nd in the league -- second-to-last among quarterbacks with at least 35 passing attempts. But that number also doesnt account for the several drops in the first two games. His four interceptions, however, are tied with Minnesotas Christian Ponder for second-most in the NFL. Smith is still very much a work-in-progress, but the Jets only other options are Matt Simms, who has yet to throw a pass in a regular-season game, and Brady Quinn, a former first-round pick who has bounced around the past few years. "I think in this league, everyone is fighting for a spot," Smith said, "and especially on this team." Two areas Smith said the Jets need to improve on are finishing drives and being efficient in the red zone. New York is 2 for 4 in scoring opportunities within the opponents 20-yard line. "Were definitely going to emphasize that," Smith said. "We want to score more points. We can. I believe we can be an explosive offence and its going to take all 11 of us on the field." NOTES: WR Jeremy Kerley says hes "A-1, 100 per cent" healed from a concussion suffered in the season opener that sidelined him against the Patriots. He wore a red no-contact jersey and hasnt been cleared by the team, but is confident hell play against the Bills. ... DE Muhammad Wilkerson (sprained ankle) and LB Quinton Coples (fractured ankle) also returned to practice on a limited basis. Ryan is unsure of their availability, but added he hopes Wilkerson "is ready to roll." ... Offensive linemen Willie Colon and DBrickashaw Ferguson said they hadnt heard from the league about possible fines or suspensions for their roles in the sideline skirmish at the end of the Patriots game, started when Nick Mangold hit Talib low. "There was no way Nicks hit was intentional," Ryan insisted. Stitched 49ers Jerseys . - The Chicago Bears have agreed to a one-year contract with free-agent centre Brian de la Puente. Steve DeBerg Jersey . The move is retroactive to Aug. 1. Hosmer was originally hit on the hand in the first inning of a July 20 loss to Boston. He has played most of the time since, but missed a few contests due to the injury, then departed Thursdays win over the Twins and had tests that revealed the fracture. https://www.49ersjerseysale.com/3372l-jimmie-ward-jersey-49ers.html . The 30-year-old Texas native was drafted by the Pittsburgh Pirates in the 20th round of the 2001 amateur draft. Duke spent six years in Pittsburgh and also had stints with Arizona, Washington and Cincinnati.NEW YORK - Blue Jays manager John Gibbons confirmed before Thursdays series finale against the Yankees that Melky Cabrera and Brandon Morrow wont return this season. “Im not sure well get Melky Cabrera at all,” said Gibbons. The 29-year-old left fielder struggled all season with knee and hamstring problems. Cabrera was first on the disabled list from June 27-July 20 with tendinitis in his left knee. His second trip to the DL, this time with meniscus trouble in his left knee, began on August 2. As for Morrow, whos been down since June 1 with what was eventually diagnosed as an entrapped nerve in his right forearm, will not pitch again this year. “No, no,” said Gibbbons, when asked about the chances of Morrow returning. Wholesale 49ers Jerseys. . The Blue Jays expect to have Colby Rasmus (strained left oblique,) Jose Bautista (bone bruise in left hip,) Steve Delabar (right shoulder inflammation) and Dustin McGowan (oblique) back at different times. “Colby, hell start baseball activities on Monday,” said Gibbons. “Hopefully that moves pretty quick. Hes starting to feel a little bit better.” Gibbons says he doesnt expect Bautista to be out much longer than his DL stint. Bautistas eligible to return in time for the Friday, September 6 game in Minnesota. “We dont think its anything beyond that,” said Gibbons. ' ' '

nach oben springen

1&1 DSL

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Agreed Faste
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1736 Themen und 4169 Beiträge.