n the sixth when Jones hit two-out double and Cruz sin

in Einsteigerforum 31.12.2019 04:22
von sakura698 | 405 Beiträge

PARIS - Canadian Milos Raonics most reliable weapon was turned back on him on Sunday. Nick Schmaltz Jersey .Raonic admitted that top-ranked Novak Djokovic handled his normally threatening serve with ease as the Serb defended his Paris Masters title with a 6-2, 6-3 victory over the native of Thornhill, Ont.Every time he put his racket on the ball, he was making me play a deep ball, said the tenth-ranked Raonic. If he gave me a short return and I would attack, he would be there. It elevated a certain pressure or demand of having to serve close to the lines.That weighs on your shoulders when the guy is playing as well as he did today.Despite the disappointing finish to the Masters tournament, Raonics season has been extended. His play in Paris has helped him qualify for next weeks World Tour Finals in London for the first time.Djokovic, who did not drop a set during the whole week, won the indoor tournament for the third time on Sunday and claimed the 20th Masters title of his career. The Serbian limited his opponents serve, with Raonic scoring only nine aces after reaching double figures in many of his matches this week.Djokovic also made a big step in his bid to finish the year at the No. 1 spot for a third time, extending his lead over Roger Federer before the finals in London from Nov. 9-16.The 23-year-old Raonic, who has never beaten Djokovic in their four meetings, appeared apprehensive and could not convert his few openings.Djokovics only scare came in the first set when Raonic won eight straight points but failed to convert three consecutive break opportunities.Raonic saved the three break points in the sixth game, two of them with aces. Djokovic then recovered from 0-40 down to hold a game later for 5-2 before taking the opening set in 43 minutes.The key points of the match was to get as many returns back in play (as possible). Its easier said than done when somebody serves regularly around 220 kilometres an hour, said Djokovic. Milos uses that as his big weapon, throughout the week that was his best shot. He relies on the serve very much in his game.If you can make him play an extra shot, maybe hes going to drop the percentage of first serves and I can step in and maybe take initiative on the second.Raonic dropped to 0-2 in the second set on a double-fault and saved two match points in the penultimate game with a service winner and a pass before Djokovic closed out the win a game later, firing a forehand winner down the line to clinch victory.He played some great tennis; neutralized my serve well, said Raonic. Even when I was able to open him on the backhand side, he was moving really well. He was always getting two hands on it. It was never sort of defending with a slice.He was always playing deep and didnt really give me too many looks. Even on the break chances I had, he played them well. He just made life difficult for me today.Raonic, who won his first career match against a member of the top three tennis elite in the quarter-finals when he upset Roger Federer, had backed up that success in the semis, beating fifth-ranked Tomas Berdych.But Djokovic was not going to be another victim.I was feeling good about things, said Raonic. In the last two matches, Ive been playing some really good tennis. I felt ready to face on the challenge and try to make the most of the opportunity.As he heads to his World Tour Finals debut, Raonic is nursing some minor doubts.The toughest thing — especially for the first time in London — is going to be to adapt to is not really having those early round matches where you sort of find your way into the event, tournament, said Raonic.Raonic is the first Canadian to play in the year-ending singles tournament. Torontos Daniel Nestor, playing with Serbian partner Nenad Zimonjic, will be in the doubles competition. Clayton Keller Jersey . But San Diego had even more trouble against right-hander Tanner Roark, who pitched a three-hitter for the first complete game of his career as the Nationals shut out the Padres 4-0. The 27-year-old set down the first 16 batters before San Diego catcher Rene Rivera, an . Dale Hawerchuck Jersey .m. ET, CBSOPENING LINE — Falcons by 3 1/2RECORD VS. https://www.cheapcoyotes.com/ .com) - Nathan MacKinnon scored the winning goal in the shootout as the Colorado Avalanche rallied for a 3-2 win over the Boston Bruins on Wednesday.BALTIMORE -- J.A. Happ pitched effectively into the seventh inning, Dioner Navarro had three hits and two RBIs and the Toronto Blue Jays beat the Baltimore Orioles 5-2 Sunday for a split of the four-game series. Edwin Encarnacion also had three hits for the Blue Jays, who had totalled 15 runs in losing six of their previous eight games. The AL East leaders came to town with a 4 1/2-game lead. Adam Jones homered and Nelson Cruz had three hits and his major league-leading 56th RBI for the Orioles. Happ (6-3) gave up one run, seven hits and no walks in six-plus innings. He had lost two of his previous three starts, yielding 12 earned runs over 17 2-3 innings. Casey Janssen got four outs for his 12th save. Chris Tillman (5-4) allowed three runs and eight hits in seven innings. The right-hander didnt issue a walk or record a strikeout. Tillman is 0-4 with a 2.78 ERA at home and 5-0 with a 6.33 ERA on the road. The Blue Jays went up 5-1 with a two-run eighth against Tommy Hunter. Navarro hit an RBI double and Steve Tolleson added a run-scoring groundout. Jones hit his 11th homer of the season in the bottom half off Dustin McGowan. Toronto got a first-inning run on an RBI double by Jose Bautista, who one pitch earlier thought he had drawn a walk on a 3-1 offering that ummpire Jerry Layne called a strike. Brett Hull Jersey. The Blue Jays wasted a leadoff double in the second inning but converted the same situation in the fourth. After Encarnacion doubled, Navarro blooped an RBI single to left field for a 2-0 lead. In the Toronto fifth, Anthony Gose snapped a 5-for-38 skid with a leadoff single, advanced on a double by Jose Reyes and scored on a flyball by Melky Cabrera. Baltimore closed to 3-1 in the sixth when Jones hit two-out double and Cruz singled him home. NOTES: Orioles 1B Chris Davis was given a rare day off by manager Buck Showalter, even though the slugger had four homers in his last 11 games. ... Two Toronto pitchers who left with groin tightness this weekend remained hopeful of avoiding the disabled list. After receiving treatment, Brett Cecil said, "Im sure Ill feel it when I throw," and R.A. Dickey said of his injury: "Maybe a little sore, but not bad." ... The Blue Jays have Monday off, while the Orioles continue a 13-game run against AL East foes in Tampa Bay against the last-place Rays. ... Umpire Hunter Wendelstedt was scratched, one day after he fell backward and hit his head upon being unintentionally brushed by Jones. ... The crowd of 46,469 was Baltimores fifth sellout of the season and second in the series. ' ' '

nach oben springen

1&1 DSL

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Agreed Faste
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1736 Themen und 4169 Beiträge.