, maybe the final dribble for somebody to ste

in Einsteigerforum 31.12.2019 04:21
von sakura698 | 405 Beiträge

VANCOUVER -- More than four years after the Olympic flame went out on the West Coast, the Vancouver Organizing Committee released its final reports Thursday and turned out the lights. Dominic Toninato Jersey . VANOC said the Games broke even, with total revenues and expenses just shy of $1.9 billion. The group that organized the 2010 Winter Olympics and Paralympics has no more assets or outstanding debts and has asked government to dissolve the company. "It was 11 years ago yesterday we took the stage in Prague and we made promises," CEO John Furlong said in an interview. "We made commitments in the name of the country, we made commitments to the IOC and we made commitments to the Canadian public that we would deliver the Games in the black and so we set out to do that." It was a challenging journey, he said, pointing out the global economic collapse in 2008. "I think that worried us," Furlong said. With the Sochi Games in the not-so-distant past and fresh concerns about the World Cup in Brazil, Furlong said there has been much discussion about the cost of such large events and the difficulties some countries have had. "I look at our situation and think we are a very good model of how to do these events. This is, to me, very good for the Canada brand of being reliable, being trustworthy, keeping your promises, being on time and on budget, being responsible about the things that really matter to the public," he said. At the end of the day, the final financial report said the federal government contributed $74.4 million, the British Columbia government $113.4 million and other governments $176 million. The International Olympic Committee kicked in $659 million in sponsorships and contributions to help cover the tab. Ticket sales raised $269 million, while licensing and merchandising accounted for another $54 million. An independent audit by Ernst and Young confirmed the results. The final financial statement said all sites have been remediated and turned over to the province and local governments as legacy venues and the organizing committee asked government to dissolve the company after its final meeting on June 27. The final report said several claims and disputed contracts have been resolved since the event, along with an 18-month coroners review of the Whistler Sliding Centre, where a Georgian luger was killed in a training accident. Critics point out that some of the most expensive infrastructure of the Games, including the Sea to Sky Highway, the Vancouver Convention Centre and a rapid transit line to the airport were not included in the final tally. The expansion of the Vancouver Convention Centre cost $883 million, $388 million over budget. The SkyTrains Canada Line linking Vancouver to the airport cost $2.1 billion. But Furlong said all the buildings and infrastructure are currently in use and board chairman Ken Dobell said the Games left a debt-free legacy for the country. "First of all, it cost what it was supposed to cost," Dobell said. Significant capital upgrades were made that had to happen sooner or later, and the host communities now have recreation and community facilities for residents. "Was it a worthwhile endeavour? The way Vancouver did it, for sure," he said. Nathan Horton Jersey . The bout served as the headlining matchup of Saturdays "UFC Fight Night: Brown vs. Silva" event, which took place at U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati. It was Silva who looked well on his way to victory in the early going, delivering a pair of crushing kicks to the body that sent Brown crashing to the floor, doubled over in pain. Dmitri Kulikov Jersey . Top-seeded Djokovic, who is making only his second appearance this year after reaching the quarterfinals of the Australian Open, was a 6-3, 6-3 winner over 54th-ranked Istomin of Uzbekistan. "It wasnt as easy as the scoreline indicates," said Djokovic, who has won in Dubai on four occasions. https://www.panthersjerseycheap.com/108f-anthony-stewart-jersey-panthers.html .com) - After Tom Brady added to an already illustrious legacy, Malcolm Butler established his by leaving the Seattle Seahawks, well, deflated.COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Ike Opara scored in the 17th minute and Sporting Kansas City beat the Columbus Crew 1-0 on Saturday night. Kansas City (15-10-6) entered with the best goals-against average in MLS (0.97) and prevented the Crew from attacking through the midfield as Jimmy Nielsen made his only save on Federico Higuains 30-yard free kick in the 77th minute. Nielsens 11th shutout moved KC to within two points of Eastern Conference leader New York. "All 10 guys worked very hard in front of me and had huge discipline in the performance today," Nielsen said. "We know Columbus has very dangerous guys up front. We wanted to avoid giving them any room to play in." The Crew (13-14-5) had a three-game winning streak stopped and are two points out of the final playoff spot in the East with two games left. "We had very few answers whether it was a final pass, maybe the final dribble for somebody to step around somebody, maybe the run was offside," Crew interim coach Brian Bliss said. Radek Dvorak Jersey. "Whatever it was, we came up short in having an answer in the final third." Opara took advantage of an injury to the Crews Agustin Viana to score. Viana was hit in the head while defending Opara on a corner kick and went to the turf as the Crews Tyson Wahl cleared a shot in front of goal. The ball went to Graham Zusi, who immediately serviced the ball to the opposite post where Opara had an open shot for his third goal. "Im not sure (Zusi) even knew he was on the ground before he crossed the ball in," Opara said. "It was tough. I saw the goalie come in and I saw the post and I knew I had to head the ball." ' ' '

nach oben springen

1&1 DSL

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Agreed Faste
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1736 Themen und 4169 Beiträge.