ut he closed with a bogey at the last. NOTES:

in Einsteigerforum 28.12.2019 04:17
von sakura698 | 405 Beiträge

EDMONTON - The last person the struggling Edmonton Oilers needed to see in the opposing net on Friday was Ryan Miller. Avery Johnson Jersey .The Vancouver goalie made 28 saves to record his 30th career shutout as the Canucks remained undefeated on the season, getting past the Oilers 2-0.The win improved the 34-year-olds all-time record against the Oilers to 9-0-0.It means a lot. You like to get the first one (shutout) out of the way, said Miller, who signed a three-year free agency deal with the Canucks this summer. It was an important game for us as well, to keep things moving along. We had a long break.I think I am a little more composed, starting with my positioning. In my last game I was a little anxious, a little excited. I tried to calm down a little bit tonight.Radim Vrbata and Daniel Sedin scored for the Canucks, who improved to 3-0-0 on the season.I think we were fresh and it helped that we have such a deep lineup and we can roll four lines, Daniel Sedin said. We spent a lot of time in their end and were able to tire them out.Daniel Sedin said that Vrbata has been a welcome addition to the top line in the early running as another free agent acquisition.I think it has helped, he said. He shoots a lot and that opens up a lot of things for us. He is a right-handed shot and I think that gives our line and extra edge. He has been good.The Oilers are still in search of their first victory of the year, dropping to 0-4-1 — their worst start in franchise history.The fans were really behind us and that gave us some extra energy and its just frustrating we werent able to pull through, said Oilers forward David Perron. Its just frustrating that we didnt get at least a goal for (Ben Scrivens) and for the effort that the guys put in.Scrivens, who stopped 28-of-29 shots, said that the game was at least a positive sign in that the Oilers played better that in their two previous outings.I thought we played a lot better, but your play is measured in wins and losses, he said. We have a lot of work left to do. Hopefully, everybody can see that some of the pieces are starting to fall into place. Its only one game, so the same way we tried not to panic after a couple of losses, were not going to rest on anything, playing one good game. The key is coming out and playing another good game after that. The more we can do that, the idea is that the wins start to fall after that.There was no scoring in a back-and-forth first period that saw Scrivens face 12 shots in the Edmonton net and Miller make 10 stops. The biggest save in the opening frame went to Scrivens, stopping Henrik Sedin in tight with a quick kick save with two minutes remaining.Miller had his biggest test to that point of the game two-and-a-half minutes into the second period when he made a big blocker stop on Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, who came in on a short-handed breakaway. Miller then made another huge stop on a backhander in tight by Matt Hendricks a few minutes later.Scrivens responded midway through the second with a big save on a deflection by Chris Higgins.Moments later, Vancouver defenceman Dan Hamhuis was rushed off the ice pouring blood after being hit by an inadvertent high stick by Edmontons Mark Arcobello. Hamhuis returned late in the second wearing a cage.The Canucks finally broke the scoreless deadlock with four minutes left in the second period as Daniel Sedin made a nice pass through the goal-mouth to a wide-open Vrbata on the other side of the net for his third goal of the season.It is about timing and being at the right place at the right time, Vrbata said. If I do that, I know that they will find me. It was a nice pass.Vancouver had a couple of glorious opportunities to extend its lead in the first half of the third, but Scrivens received some help with Taylor Hall and Andrew Ference both clearing pucks moments before a Canuck could put it in an open net.The Canucks put the game away in the final minute on an empty net goal by Daniel Sedin.The Canucks return home to host the Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday. Edmonton next plays the Lightning in the second game of their seven-game homestand on Monday.Notes — Vancouver and Edmonton met five times in the regular season last year, with the Canucks winning three of the five outings… The Canucks havent played since defeating the Oilers 6-5 in a shootout last Saturday… Oiler forward Ryan Nugent Hopkins returned to the lineup after missing the last two games following a hit by, and his subsequent first NHL fight against, with Canucks defenceman Dan Hamhuis… The Oilers called defenceman Martin Marincin up from Oklahoma City for the game while also assigning defender Darnell Nurse to junior on Friday… Canucks rookie forward Bo Horvat practiced on Thursday, but was still unable to make his NHL debut with a shoulder injury. Ray Allen Jersey . Marie rink got back in the win column at the Olympic mens curling tournament with a 7-4 win over the host Russian squad on Wednesday. Chris Paul Jersey . Neither striker Demba Ba nor Fernando Torres came close to scoring as Chelsea was left unsuccessfully appealing for penalties in this drab penultimate game of the season. "Our strikers are good strikers, no doubt about that, but players with some specific qualities," Mourinho said. https://www.cheapthunder.com/1341h-darius-bazley-jersey-thunder.html . - Doug Kalitta led Top Fuel qualifying Friday in the NHRA Nationals at Maple Grove Raceway with a 3.Malelane, South Africa (SportsNetwork.com) - Branden Grace closed with a 4- under 68 on Sunday and he cruised to a 7-stroke win at the Alfred Dunhill Championship. Grace, who led by one entering the final round, ended at 20-under-par 268. This was his fifth European Tour title. His first four victories all came in the 2012 season. Its been a long year, a hard year, but now its a fairytale ending just before Christmas, said Grace. One of the main things this week has been the driving. I just put a new driver in the bag in Dubai and thats been the key this week. Former Open Championship winner Louis Oosthuizen carded a 3-under 69 and he took second place at minus-13 at Leopard Creek Country Club. Andrew Johnston tripped to a 1-over 73 in the final round. He ended alone in third place at 11-under 277. Trevor Fisher, Jr. (69) and last weeks winner Danny Willett (76) shared fourth at minus-10. David Drysdale posted a 3-under 69 to improve into a tie for sixth place. He was joined there by Francesco Molinari, who struggled to a 4-over 76. Grace rolled in a short birdie putt on the second to quickly extend his lead to three strokes. Another birdie at No. 4 moved Grace to minus-18. After a pair of pars, Grace missed the green at the par-3 seventh with his tee shot and he failed to get up and down for par. Despite the bogey, he still led by four. Grace chipped his second at the short par-4 11th to kick-in range. He made that birdie, but was just three clear of Willett, who birdied nine and 10. Willett dropped a shot at 12, but came right back with birdies at 13 and 14 to iinch within two, but Grace answered with a birdie on 13 to move three clear. Detlef Schrempf Jersey. Grace traded a birdie for a bogey from the 15th, but he was comfortably ahead as Willett collapsed down the stretch. Grace 2-putted for birdie at the last to seal the win. Its a little extra special being the first to win both Dunhills. Thats something for the record books, said Grace, who won the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship in 2012. It is a great finish to an amazing week. Willett found water at the par-3 16th and that led to a double-bogey. He followed with a bogey on 17 and a triple-bogey at the last. Oosthuizen, the 2006 runner-up, birdied the first, but followed with bogeys on the second and third. He got back to even-par for his round with a birdie on the seventh. Around the turn, he carded birdies at 10 and 11 to get to 12-under. Oosthuizen picked up two more strokes as he birdied the 15th and 17th, but he closed with a bogey at the last. NOTES: Grace earned 237,750 euros for the win ... Grace was the first player in tournament history to win this title in wire-to-wire fashion ... Despite good playing conditions, only 23 of the 75 players in the field broke par in the final round, while 44 players shot over-par rounds, including four rounds in the 80s ... Lucas Bjerregaard, who played in the final group, struggled to a 17-over 89, which included seven bogeys, two double-bogeys, a triple-bogey and a quadruple-bogey ... The European Tour returns to action on January 8th with the South African Open Championship, where Morten Orum Madsen is the reigning champion. ' ' '

nach oben springen

1&1 DSL

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: Agreed Faste
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 1736 Themen und 4169 Beiträge.